Stephen Whyte decides it's time to transform how food and drink businesses manage risk in their supply chains.
Beta version of QADEX supplier self-audit questionnaires module released. But it doesn’t deliver, so it’s back to the drawing board to build a new version.
Version 2 arrives, it’s beautiful! The journey begins. 100 sites using QADEX.
Large expansion of in-house development team.
Team grows to 30.
Supplier and product risk assessments released.
Advanced supplier and product risk assessments launched.
Risk assessments extended to include sustainability and ethical risk assessments; customers start using QADEX for 360° or multi-dimensional risk assessments.
Supply chain mapping launched.
Rick Sanderson meets Stephen and pitches the idea for STARIndexTM
Aaron Loveday joins the team to bring best-of-breed social compliance auditing capabilities. Team reaches 70 across three offices 25,000 users.
The levels of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (VUCA) faced by businesses reaches an all-time high.
Businesses are asking themselves
- Are there Sustainability risks within our supply chains that could impact our ability to continue to trade successfully?
- Are our supply chain Technical approval and risk management processes optimised?
- Does our supply chain utilise natural Assets/resources that are finite, since we couldn’t trade successfully without easy and cost-effective availability of them?
- Would a failure in our Responsible sourcing policies – such as a modern slavery scandal – damage the value of our brands?
- Do the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) impact our business?
- Do we believe that in today’s business environment, being a better business is better for business?
STAR IndexTM enables businesses to deliver demonstrable progress over time in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world.